October 28, 2017
3pm – 7pm
Offering intersession camps, after school programs, mini-camps & horsemanship
At Spence’s farm, we offer a year round selection of healthy activities for your child. Spence’s Farm is a great place to play in a 25 acre outdoor environment with permanent trails to access 2000 acres of Duke Forest. That allows for lots room for exploration and learning about horses, farm animals, gardening, wilderness, and Nature!
- We have served over 15,000 children in our After School which has 20 children each day coming from schools all over Chapel Hill, Hillsborough and Carrboro
- Our Summer Camps have 50-100 children weekly the whole summer.
- Over 35,000 people have attended birthday parties here and over 18,000 people have attended the annual Saturday before Halloween, Harvest Festival over the past 30 years.
- At Spence’s Farm focus on your kids uniqueness and greatness, but they don’t always feel that. We empower children, by challenging them to face the natural fears that come up, in Nature, and with animals. They are supported in facing these fears with our Mentors so that they come away with higher self-esteem, independence and a loving connection with the other kids, with animals and nature. Animals and Nature are our greatest assets in helping children learn important life lessons.
- An 1805 Historic Family Farm turned into a model Community Educational Farm,
25+Years of Programs
Saturday mornings 9:30 -11:00 am or 11:00-12:30 pm
Weekdays (M-F) 9-2 pm and 4:00-5:30 pm
Saturday and Sunday
Weekdays by appointment