Our Spring Festival is close! Please join us on Saturday April 6 from 1pm-5pm for fun on the farm! Farm wide Easter Egg Hunt, Zip Lines, Pony Rides, Chance To Win A Free Week of Camp, Much More! Curious about what we do at Summer Camp, Intercession Camps and After School, this is a great way to check out our farm!
Children $8.00 (ages 2-14)
One parent gets in free with each paying child
All other adults $8.00
We can use a lot of help! If you are available to assist please follow the link below to help our cause. These festivals help us create scholarships for summer camps.
Festival Help (including if you would like to set up a booth for things like facepainting, fairy hair, henna) https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0444aea72fabfb6-spring
Does your child have a hidden artistic talent and want to sell their goods? We will have a Kids booth where they can!
Our Bake Sale is always a huge hit and we could use donations of yummy goods. Please sign up here!
Lastly, If your child has a talent for performing and would like to perform a set singing, playing, dancing, magic… Please call the office at (919) 968-8581.
We love our animals and our students and campers get so much out of learning from them and loving them. However, occasionally we have a lot and would love to find loving, caring adoptive homes for them!
Offering intersession camps, after school programs, mini-camps & horsemanship
At Spence’s farm, we offer a year round selection of healthy activities for your child. Spence’s Farm is a great place to play in a 25 acre outdoor environment with permanent trails to access 2000 acres of Duke Forest. That allows for lots room for exploration and learning about horses, farm animals, gardening, wilderness, and Nature!
- We have served over 15,000 children in our After School which has 20 children each day coming from schools all over Chapel Hill, Hillsborough and Carrboro
- Our Summer Camps have 50-100 children weekly the whole summer.
- Over 35,000 people have attended birthday parties here and over 18,000 people have attended the annual Saturday before Halloween, Harvest Festival over the past 30 years.
- At Spence’s Farm focus on your kids uniqueness and greatness, but they don’t always feel that. We empower children, by challenging them to face the natural fears that come up, in Nature, and with animals. They are supported in facing these fears with our Mentors so that they come away with higher self-esteem, independence and a loving connection with the other kids, with animals and nature. Animals and Nature are our greatest assets in helping children learn important life lessons.
- An 1805 Historic Family Farm turned into a model Community Educational Farm,
25+Years of Programs
Saturday mornings 9:30 -11:00 am or 11:00-12:30 pm
Weekdays (M-F) 9-2 pm and 4:00-5:30 pm
Saturday and Sunday
Weekdays by appointment