Welcome to Spence’s Farm for Kids Summer Camp 2020. We are very excited to have everyone spend time with us. Because of the recent Covid-19 lockdown and subsequent recommendations, we would like for everyone to be aware of the following procedures and policies that we will be following to better serve your children and to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Drop off – Drop off for early care is between 7:30 and 8:00 am. Regular camp day is drop off between 8:00 and 8:30 am. Please have your campers at camp by 8:30. We will have 2 different drop off points. There will be signs and staff to assist you. Please drive slow. Upon drop off you will be greeted at your car and handed an envelope. No need to get out of your car. Please check and fill out all information requested. You and your camper will be asked a series of questions, as recommended by the NC Department of Health and Human Services. Lunches will be collected and stored inside the house to reduce “critters” from damaging them; please make sure all lunch containers and water bottles are marked clearly with the camper’s name.
Pick up – Pick up from camp is between 3:00 and 3:30 (Extended care is pick up by 6pm) and all campers will be picked up in one area. Please follow signs. When you pull up, a staff member will ask your child’s name and they will be called out from the yard. Have your ID ready and you will be brought your camper’s envelope where you will sign them out. Anyone not on the approved pick up list will not be allowed to pick up your camper. Do not leave without signing them out and please check the envelope for any ouch reports, produce order forms, notes, and other important information.
Farm Store – We will have produce available at pick up each day. Orders can be placed in the morning at drop off and we will be happy to invoice you and have your items ready by pick up. Or you can bring cash when you place your order. Parents will not be able to come into the yard to purchase produce.
What to bring:
- Shoes and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty, any sandal or fashion shoes are not allowed. Remember we are a farm with dirt, bugs (including fire ants) & animal poop.
- A change of clothes, jeans & closed-toed shoes for riding, a swimsuit and towel for swimming or getting wet
- A nutritious lunch, drinks and snack (plus an additional snack for those staying after camp). With a lot of physical activity, children tend to be hungrier. Pack more food than usual. Please avoid “fun foods” which don’t “stick to the ribs” for very long.
- Sunscreen (labeled with your child’s name); please apply sunscreen prior to arrival; we will assist in additional applications throughout the day.
- Backpack and/or bag for extra clothing, food, water bottles (labeled), and bringing materials home
- Close-toed shoes for riding, hiking, and wood shop, & preferably with heel for those attending Horse Immersion.
- Any medications that we are to administer during the day, as instructed by you and/or as needed (such as asthma medication).
- A water bottle that has your camper’s name clearly marked.
- A face mask or $5.00 to purchase a face mask. Face masks will be required during certain points of the day. See below for additional information.*
If your camper forgets their face mask, we will allow your child to borrow one face mask for one day per week that will be returned to us at the end of the day to be sanitized. After that, you will be charged $5.00 and that face mask will be yours to keep.
We have a NO NIT POLICY (head lice). Checking your camper daily prior to arrival is encouraged. Any camper arriving with nits cannot attend camp that day. Your child may bring his/her own equestrian helmet as ours are shared. We have never had an outbreak of lice.
What not to bring:
- Toys from home
- Candy and Gum
- Electronics, such as handheld gaming devices, laptops, or phones
For Your Child’s (and your family’s) Health and Safety:
We are following the NC Department of Health and Human Services Interim COVID-19 Guidance for Day Camp or Program Settings Serving Children and Teens (link here for full document)
- Upon your arrival we will be screening for signs of illness and you will be asked if you or any of the children you are dropping off have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, new loss of taste or smell? Do any of the children in your house have vomiting or diarrhea? Have you potentially been exposed to COVID-19 or have reason to believe you/they have COVID-19?
- Your child will be instructed to use hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting the camp.
- We will be disinfecting surfaces, tools, equipment, etc… throughout the day (we use a child safe, food safe, EPA approved herbal based disinfectant).
- We will provide individually assigned items such as markers.
- We will have handwashing stations throughout the camp, as well as hand sanitizer available at various locations.
- *We will be in small groups doing a lot of socially distant activities. However, there will be some times where the groups will be mingling throughout the day and in those instances everyone will be required to wear masks.
- If your child shows signs of COVID-19 while on grounds, you will be required to pick up all your children. Children may return after 10 days from first symptoms and 72 hours without a fever for 3 days and 3 days since symptoms have improved. We will be happy to give prorated credit towards future camps and events in the case your child can not attend camp due to COVID-19 related symptoms.
- We will not be attending Creekstomp or any off campus activities that require transportation, at this time.
- Sharing of food and water bottles will not be allowed, even among siblings.
The staff at Spence’s Farm for Kids is committed to the health and safety of your child while delivering a farm-based nature educational fun filled week. We appreciate your support by registering for camp. If you have any questions, concerns or issues you need addressed please email us at email@example.com or by giving us a call at (919)968-8581.